So… Clark Gregg tweeted out this idea a day ago.
I regret nothing.
EDIT: And since people asked, here’s a link to a shirt version too:
“Don’t EVER tell me there’s no way!”
Oh my God, Clark, it’s not like that made me cry or anything. *sobbing*
Nope, just something in my eye. Nothing to see here. Carry on.
A Funny Thing Happened on the way to Chat
We set up a live chat room here on shieldtv.net a few weeks ago anticipating people would be looking for an outlet once the news of the S.H.I.E.L.D. pickup was made official. Today, after news was leaked of a promo to be aired on Sunday night we had a few people in the chat room and here’s… … Read More
I’m Agent Nyoshi in this chat. I can NOT believe my luck sometimes, I really, really can’t.
I started a company with Phil Coulson.
Fucking shit I love my birthday.
A possible spoiler explaining Agent Coulson’s return in the new SHIELD TV series.
Anyone seen this? I have to admit after witnessing multiple deaths of my favourite characters from programmes - IANTO!!!!! - I am reaching the stage where I will take anything I am given.
Coulson is definitely coming back to life in the Agents of SHIELD pilot. (That was announced back in October.) Whether or notthe method detailed in this particular ‘leak’ is accurate is a bit more dubious and about half the fandom is side-eying.
So basically… The return is legit, this particular leak is a bit more shaky.
I don’t get why this ‘leak’ is getting so much press. It’s a rumor, a shaky based on nothing rumor and so many “news” sources are taking it as God’s own truth. Do people really, honestly think the full explanation is going to be as simple as this? When Joss Whedon is writing it? Really?
People buying into this explanation is right up there with people STILL not knowing Coulson’s coming back as my top annoying internet pet peeves right now.
I made this design in response to this article. Also, it was an excuse to draw Punk Storm and her majestic mohawk.
T-Shirts and Prints of this design are available on my RedBubble page:
So there’s a rumour going around on various news sites about Coulsons revival, but it’s kind of underwhelming and pretty much plays on the simple, logical explanation we can deduce from The Avengers, but I’m going to put it under a cut, anyways.
It’s not one I really buy, at least not exactly as presented.
1. It doesn’t seem all that Whedon-y.
2. Right on the heels of this quote of Clark’s where he said that the manner Joss cooked to bring Coulson back was “his answer was so perfect and so complex and so delicately managed to not undermine everything that came before”, it just seems kind of… ludicrously clunky.
I mean, I can certainly imagine some elements are there, but… (cut for potential maybe-spoilers.)
Yep, that sounds fake to me too, like something they threw out there on purpose to throw people off for the next few months. Because the part about the breath sounds waaaay too easy and cheap for what Whedon’s easily capable of.
I’m still sticking by my hope that the explanation will be that Coulson really did get stabbed and he managed to survive the injury, because:
1) It wouldn’t undermine what was already seen in The Avengers.
2) It sets up the juicy plot line and hopefully eventual fallout of SHIELD/Nick Fury being made of pure, uncut deception.
3) If Couslon was forced to take the background/mentor role to a group of younger agents due to recovering from some sort of grievous injury, then having him off the field would give the new characters more time to shine as well as play up all kinds of Whedon-y angst around Coulson not being on the front lines anymore.
In conclusion, WHY ISN’T THE SHOW ON THE AIR YET, WHY GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS.